Georgia Institute of Technology
B.S. Computational Media (Computer Science and UI/UX Design)
Minor in Industrial Design, Experimental Media and Interaction Design Threads
School of Literature, Media and Communication | CoLab Intern
- Designing digital/print posters, graphics, and WordPress websites for clients of the CoLab as an in-house student worker.
Apple | Software Engineering Intern
- Developed an iOS application that intelligently detects anomalies from pre-processed data stored on the device to provide a more intelligent, intuitive procedure of internally filing bugs.
- Wrote XCTests to ensure that elements of the Core Location framework in Swift 3.0 were ready to showcase at Apple’s 2016 Worldwide Developers Conference.
- Presented my project to the Vice President of Wireless Technologies.
The Goat Farm Arts Center | Design and Developer Intern
- Designed user interface elements, developed screen mock-ups, and created wireframes for new, cross-platform features on “The Knowd” application using Sketch and Adobe Illustrator.
- Implemented front-end styling and back-end functionality from prototype designs utilizing Sass and React.js technologies on both web and mobile.
- Constructed an intuitive digital guide for newly onboarded users to navigate the application.
Microsoft | Explorer (PM & SWE) Intern
- Composed program management and engineering specifications highlighting design decisions, telemetry data collection, flighting procedures, and architectural overviews.
- Communicated and worked with designers on various cycles of iteration on interface designs.
Socially Intelligent Machines Lab | Undergraduate Researcher
Aided in the execution of query experiments that apply active and machine learning to robot skill and task learning at Georgia Tech’s College of Computing.
Stackfolio | Software Engineering Intern
- Responsible for creating the landing page, developing frond-end features on the dashboard, styling the application according to wireframes, and quick bug fixes.
Bank of America | Software Engineering Intern
- Generalized the rules implementation of credit risk software and interacted with BOA’s object-oriented database, Sandra, to organize financial data.
HackGT | Technical Team Lead and Design Team Executive
- Aided in the organization of the South’s largest collegiate hackathon by creating the web application used by 800+ attendees and sponsors and acquired 5000+ total views.
Microsoft | Campus Student Partner
- Chosen as one of two university representatives to learn how to develop on Microsoft technologies and share such knowledge gained by hosting technical workshops and demos on campus.
Women at the College of Computing (W@CC) | Vice President
- Spearheaded the foundation of a supportive community for women in computing through the organization of diversity events, skill-building workshops, and discussions on inclusiveness.
Design Club | Creative Talent
Defined the curriculum of the university’s first design-centered organization: color theory, UI/UX practices, graphic application tools, web design fundamentals, and the design process.
AnnoAve | 2016
- Worked with a design team of three to conceptualize interfaces for an application that uses augmented reality technology to increase attraction to the Sweet Auburn Historic District.
- Responsible for final designs on the map/search UI and deciding on the color palette.
- Had bi-weekly meetings to brainstorm, sketch ideas, and finalize UI/UX decisions as a group.
Buzz Movie Selector Application | 2016
- Designed the entire UI/UX along with a complimentary logo, decided on the color palette, and composed initial sketches of interface outlines and working prototypes.
- Developed the iOS movie recommendation application entirely from scratch in Swift.
LMC 2720 Mural | 2015
- Worked with a team of five other students to conceptualize and paint a mural originally meant for a local art event space, deciding on designs and an appropriate color palette.
- Displayed at the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
Circling Through Time | 2015
- Designed and developed a data visualization application with Processing.js that allows users to interact with categorized, personal query results from the Digital Public Library of America.
- Accepted to and showcased at the Computational Media showcase on campus.
LeapVersal | 2014
- Application that interacts with the Leap Motion controller to teach others the American Sign Language.
- Designing for Shared Value
- Human Factors in Visual Design
- Industrial Design Computing
- Principles of Interaction Design
- Principles of Visual Design
- User Interface Design
- Data Structures
- Computer Graphics
- Introduction to Computational Media
- Media Device Architecture
- Mixed Reality Design
- Objects and Design
- Adobe AfterEffects
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
AWARDS AND HONORS
2017 Tower Award (Bronze Yearly)
2016-2017 Georgia Tech Art Crawl Showcased Photography
2015-2017 Dean's List
2016 JPMorgan Chase Code for Good (Brooklyn) 2nd Place
Awarded to our team for our creation and design of a mobile application for The Victor Cruz Foundation targeted towards young adolescents to spark and nurture interests of STEM subjects.
2015 Facebook Grace Hopper Scholarship Recipient
1 of 25 awarded nationally
2014 ShePlusPlus #Include Fellowship Recipient
1 of 30 awarded nationally
2014 HackDuke “Best Use of Versal API” and “Best Use of Leap Motion”
Awarded to our team for our project "LeapVersal" which allows individuals to learn how to sign the American Sign Language through the Leap Motion Controller.
2014 Xerox Minority Scholarship Recipient
1 of 30 awarded nationally
2014 NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing National Runner-up and New York State Recipient
2014 Anita Borg Institute Grace Hopper Scholar
2014 GenTech Hackathon 3rd Place
Awarded to our team for our cross-platform application that allowed teenagers to browse extracurricular, internship, and job opportunities in New York City.
2014 Brooklyn Tech Ruby Engineer